Manchester Giants are recruiting for an apprenticeship in Community Sport with Coach Core and the charity StreetGames UK starting September 2019.
‘Capturing the spirit of the 2012 Olympic Games, Coach Core was set up to inspire young people and create the next generation of young sports coaches. Targeting 16-24 year olds who are not in education or full time employment, Coach Core delivers an inclusive and impactful sports coaching apprenticeship, which develops the talents of young people and provides them with a range of vital skills for sport, work and life. We offer an unparalleled programme of learning, combining a sector recognised apprenticeship and national governing body qualifications, alongside a number of additional cutting edge coaching modules, employability workshops and access to events and CPD that others simply cannot provide.
Coach Core has two overarching aims:
- To provide exciting and meaningful places of employment, via our regional consortiums, that give the young person the best possible chance of success during and after the programme.
- To enhance the coaching offer in challenging communities, by providing young, relatable and high quality young role models
With Coach Core:
- Nearly 400 graduates have now come through the programme.
- 91% of young people who start our programme, finish it!
- 92% of our graduates are in full time employment, education or further training.
- 60% have retained by their original employers at the end of the programme.
If you would like to apply please complete the online application
Please note that the deadline for online applications is the 30th August 2019